Students must be registered at the First Nations University of Canada and fall within one of the following two categories:
- Be enrolled in the Bachelor of Indigenous Education – Elementary Program and completed a minimum of six (6) credit hours in Indigenous Language courses; or
- Be enrolled in the First Nations Language Certificate Program.
- Preference will be given to students who meet the above qualifications;
- Are over 30 years of age;
- Intend to teach a Canadian Indigenous language at the primary or elementary level;
- Students may be Aboriginal or non-Aboriginal
Submit application, program sheet to be completed by an Academic Advisor, budget, and cover letter expressing interest in teaching an Indian language at the primary or elementary level.