First Nations University of Canada wishes to acknowledge the commitment, dedication and service of members of the Board of Governors for their significant contribution to the University.
FRIEND OF FIRST NATIONS UNIVERSITY OF CANADA
The Board of Governors may, by resolution, confer the honorary title of “Friend of First Nations University of Canada” on a retired Board member or Board Elder that has made a significant contribution to the institution during six years of continuous service.
The Board of Governors may, by resolution, confer an Exceptional Service award on an individual who meets all of the following criteria:
- Board member or Board Elder who has had at least three years of continuous service on the Board;
- Board member or Board Elder who has given exceptional service as an officer of the Board or as a Board representative to University and externally related groups.
- A person’s term on the Board must have expired to be considered for this award.
CERTIFICATION OF RECOGNITION
The Board of Governors, may by resolution, confer a Certificate of Recognition to an individual who has served as a member of the Board of Governors. A person’s term on the Board must have expired to be considered for this award.
PRESENTATION OF AWARDS
- The Governance Committee will make a recommendation to the Board of which members, Elders, or observers are to be recognized under which categories at each January B0G meeting.
- Recognition of retired Board members will normally take place annually at the Board’s April dinner meeting.
- The award for “Friend of First Nations University of Canada” will be in the form of a plaque which describes the type of award and years of service of the recipient as well as a star quilt or trade blanket.
- The Exceptional Service Award will be a Plaque which describes the type of award and the years of service of the recipient.
- The Certification of Recognition will be a formal certificate with the FNUniv logo and signed by the Board Chair and President.