The main tool used to differentiate products from the competition is an organization’s brand name and brand mark. As such, branding is an extremely important element of FNUniv’s marketing strategy.
The purpose of this policy is to:
- Ensure FNUniv’s brand identity is used consistently and appropriately
- Outline the parameters of FNUniv’s brand use.
This policy applies to all employees of FNUniv that use FNUniv’s brand, specifically when being sent to external stakeholders. External stakeholders refer to current and prospective students and their guardians, alumni, public, University of Regina, governments, and agencies.
The policy states the following:
- All employees must comply with the standards identified in the Visual Identity Guide for all institutional marketing, advertising, publications, stationary, promotional items, events graphics and displays, electronic and other collateral.
- All requests for graphic design should be submitted through the Marketing & Communications Team.
- Vendors, suppliers and partners of the institution using FNUniv’s visual identity must also follow the Visual Identity Guidelines.
- Materials that use FNUniv’s logo or other elements of the institution’s brand that are not templated should be submitted, a minimum of 10 working days in advance of being used or published internally or externally, to the Senior Communications Officer for review and approval to ensure proper and consistent application.
- Marketing collateral projects should be referred to the Marketing & Communications Team for coordination and guidance.
- Members of the institution that become aware of unauthorized or inappropriate use of the logo or visual identity elements are encouraged to notify the Senior Communications Officer immediately. Materials that do not follow the visual identity guidelines should be removed and discarded.
- Actions that constitute deliberate misuse of the logo or visual identity elements in a way that violates any of FNUniv’s policies and/or procedures or damages the reputation of the institution will be subject to disciplinary action.
- For permission to use the FNUniv logo by or with an external organization, please contact the Senior Communications Officer.
- Inclusive of past, current, and future logos and names.
Consequences for Noncompliance
FNUniv seeks to have professional and consistent branding.
Failure to comply with this policy and any related procedures could result in investigation and, in some cases, disciplinary measures.